We’re seeking a Packaging Designer to join our talented and growing in-house Creative team. This person must be hardworking, passionate, creative and strategically-minded. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter “initiate” — someone who is going to help define and grow our brand for years to come.
Qualified candidates must provide a link to a portfolio or PDF of relevant work samples to be considered.
- Develop package design solutions for a total branded portfolio that supports an inspiring customer experience and drives brand preference.
- Create visual identities to be applied across packaging designs.
- Bring our product to life and engage audiences through visual storytelling.
- Work on creative initiatives from concept to completion (dielines, renderings, mockups, print production, etc.), in conjunction with the Marketing and Operations teams
- Build comprehensive, organized and accurate production files to be handed over to vendors.
- Refine the look and feel of our branded packaging and solidify those decisions through fully comprehensive style guides.
- Research marketing and packaging trends/innovations and know how to integrate these ideas into best-in-class customer-centric packaging design.
- Prepare work for presentation, design comps and print production.
- Approve or provide guidance to third-party print vendors.
- Execute a range of options for testing themes and positioning.
- Maintain a drive to stay inquisitive and curious, explore trends and apply inspiration to your work.
- Deliver all phases of work within established packaging timelines and budgets.
- Provide on-press supervision for major projects.
- The candidate must have a firm grasp of typography and grid layouts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging, Industrial or Graphic Design, or related field.
- 3+ years of graphic design experience with a focus on packaging design.
- Experience in the healthcare/cosmetics space a major plus.
- Demonstrated working knowledgeable of the complete packaging design and development processes.
- Understanding of how to manipulate dielines to fit product.
- Ability to create mockups and prototypes with excellent craftsmanship.
- A diverse portfolio that exhibits excellent use of typography, color, imagery and graphic elements.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, take direction, receive feedback and execute accordingly.
- Highly comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong proficiency in the latest Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and Illustrator).
- 3 Month contract (probationary period).Upon Review potential for Full Time.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.